editor's choice

Culture and social etiquette in Luxembourg

Museums in Luxembourg

Banking in Luxembourg

Crime and the legal system in Luxembourg

User’s Guide: Getting around

Expatica countries
Index Last Var.(%)
BEL 20 3083.51 0.32
DAX 9605.08 0.17
IBEX 30 10058.5 -1.04
CAC 40 4387.61 -0.20
FTSE 100 6806.86 -0.05
AEX 397.5 -0.20
DJIA 16272.65 0.46
Nasdaq 4318.933 0.63
FTSE MIB 20298.33 -0.11
TSX Composite 14214.35 0.18
ASX 5415.4 -0.10
Hang seng 22836.96 0.04
Straits Times 3110.78 0.45
ISEQ 20 836.3 0.23
EUR / USD 1.37976 0.67
EUR / GBP 0.82571 0.59
USD / GBP 0.598544 -0.10
Gold 1329.6 -0.13
Oil 108.9 -0.76
Silver 21.28 0.08
You are here: Home Ask the Expert Expert details Ask the Expert - Expert details
Mindful Mimi
Name: Mindful Mimi
Expert in: Expat Aunt & Uncle
Company: Not disclosed
Title: Expat Aunt
Personal Info: Mindful Mimi was born in Luxembourg but, as the daughter of Dutch expats, considers herself an expat more than a local. She is a working mother of two boys who are the continuous source of her creative approach to life. Mimi is also a writer, artist, blogger, photographer, initiator of Creative Workshops that bring creativity and innovation back to the workplace, and has started a project to bring the corporate world closer to charity.
Ask Mindful Mimi a question:

characters remaining

Latest questions answered by Mindful Mimi:

Dear Mindful Mimi,

I'll be starting a year-long contract at the European Court of Justice from the 1st July. I'd like to know which areas I should be looking in for a 1-bedroom apartment. I also want to avoid agency fees if possible - do you have any advice?


Read Answer by Oran on 18/05/2010

Dear Mindful Mimi,

I want to find friends who aren’t mothers and who like to travel and laugh. I would also like to find some locals who will speak French with me. I sometimes feel everyone here speaks to me because they want to practise their English with me instead of having a proper conversation with me. Please advise me!

[posted on behalf of] Claire

Read Answer by EditorLU on 14/04/2010
View all answers by Mindful Mimi
Are you an expert as well

Become an Expatica Expert and gain access and exposure within a whole new network of potential clients. Apply today and tap into the international community!

Advertise with Expatica Apply to be an Expatica expert here
why become an expert
Become an Expatica Expert and gain access and exposure within a whole new network of potential clients. Apply today and tap into the international community.
Dear Mr. Robinson,
I am moving to Luxembourg in the end of September. I am EU citizen working since one year in Brussels. Because I am moving my company would like me to work for them still from home, but for that I need to open self-employment in my new destination. My question is what should I do? I will be appreciate if you could help me.
Read Answer by Olga
Dear Mr. Robinson. I am a Brazilian with luxembourg citizenship. I work with footwear design. Do you know if there are any footwear or fashion industry in Luxembourg? I have been searching but I can't find any. Thank you.
Read Answer by Flavia Rocha
Hello Ipek,
Me (non EU) and my boyfriend (EU) was in PACS (partnership) since Sep 2013. Since then, I have my non EU family member card and I started working. Now we decided to end our PACS last month and I do not know whether I will be able to stay and continue my job? I have applied for working permit to the ministry of foreign affair and they said that I need to submit my bank detail or any property certificate in Luxembourg that I have.
Thank you so much.
Read Answer by yen
Hi Darren,
I’m a Canadian citizen that received a traineeship with scholarship with the European parliament in the offices of Luxembourg. It’s a professional traineeship and isn't mandatory for school, but was created for university graduates. Could you please tell me what type of residence permit I should apply to?
Thank you
Read Answer by steve
Dear Darren,
Good afternoon from Nepal!
Please, I am planning to travel to Luxembourg. But I am a bit confusion regarding the type of Visa. I am wondering if you could advise me as to which Visa to apply for.
Kind regards,
Read Answer by Alex
Inside Expatica
Visas, permits and citizenship in Luxembourg

Visas, permits and citizenship in Luxembourg

Since 2008, the work permit and the residence permit (for third country national workers) have been merged into a single permit, the Autorisation de séjour. Since 2009, dual or multiple citizenship has been permitted.

Buying or renting a house in Luxembourg

Buying or renting a house in Luxembourg

Whether you decide to buy or rent in the Grand Duchy, here is our short housing guide, including a look at some of the areas you might want to live in.

The healthcare system in Luxembourg

The healthcare system in Luxembourg

Whether it’s finding a doctor or figuring out how to fill your prescription, we give you the basics you need to stay healthy in Luxembourg.

Banking in Luxembourg

Banking in Luxembourg

Here is a list of some of the many banks based in Luxembourg.